We have many different aspects of what we do here at First Presbyterian Church of Bay Minette. Our Ministry Teams encompass many of those aspects with the hard work and dedication of each leader and it's members.
- To exercise the Session’s responsibility in providing for the worship for the people of God as described in the Book of Order and the Directory for the Service of God.
- To provide for those materials and supplies, as well as the maintenance of those furnishings necessary for the conduct of public worship.
- To oversee the church’s ministry of music by providing for music staff persons, proper maintenance of the organ and pianos and, with the Pastor, securing musicians for services during the absence of the choir and/or the organist.
- To oversee, with other appropriate groups, all arrangements for the celebration of the sacraments, including but not limited to instruction for preparing and serving the Lord’s Supper, the care and cleaning of linens and serving ware, and assisting in the Sacrament of Baptism.
- To encourage a broader knowledge of the meaning of worship in the Reformed tradition and to support the development of new expressions of worship under the guidance of the Directory for the Service of God.
- Care of nursery during the worship hours.
- Schedule and recruit Greeters/Ushers for Worship services.
- Schedule Liturgist for Sunday Worship.
The committee meets the first Monday of each month at 6:00 p.m.
Congregational Care Team
The Congregational Care Team touches all aspects of church life, from fellowship to mission to cares and concerns. They are responsible for programs and activities that are designed to welcome and assimilate new members, and to encourage all members and friends of First Presbyterian Church to actively participate in the life of the church.
This committee works with several subcommittees to promote and strengthen the family ties among the members of First Presbyterian; to foster spiritual well-being and a sense of oneness within the congregation; and to minister to all members by seeking to meet their spiritual, physical, emotional, and relational needs as members of a community of faith. It is the responsibility of this committee, in conjunction with Elders, to contact group members and develop and maintain a sense of fellowship with them. As a result of these contacts, our Team updates membership information in an effort to address the needs and concerns of our Church members.
In addition to caring for long-time members, the Team assists new members to make sure they are connected to a Church school class, Church committee, Circle, Bible study or other activity.
- 1. To exercise the session’s responsibility for the care of members and increase of its numbers as described in the Book of Order.
- 2. In cooperation with the Pastor, to plan and implement an active program for the recruitment, training, and assimilation of new members into the fellowship and programs of the church.
- 3. As frequently as advisable, to plan and conduct, in cooperation with other appropriate committees, such events which are designed to enrich the spirit of fellowship in the congregation.
- 4. Visitation of sick and homebound.
- 5. Special Communion services.
- 6. Assist pastor in pastoral care.
- 7. Hospital calls, nursing home calls and home communion.Item 4
Congregational Care Team meets the 3rd Thursday of each month at 6:30 pm in the Church Fellowship Hall.
Congregational Care and Mission Teams meet on the 3rd Thursday of each month at 6:30 p.m.
Serving is an outflow of our worship of God, learning to follow Jesus, and our community life. Our initiative and ability to serve comes from our experience of having been served by Jesus. Whether we are crossing a cultural border, walking alongside a vulnerable person in our community, or filling a need within our church, we make service a priority.
- To lead the congregation in its participation of the mission of the whole church in the world.
- To plan and implement an annual program for the commitment of gifts and pledges by children, youth, and adults to the support of the congregational, Presbytery, Synod, and General Assembly missions of the church.
- To assure that the congregation is kept informed concerning the current support of local, national, and worldwide mission of the church.
- Community Service.
- Support Presbyterian Women in their ongoing Missional opportunities.
Christian Education Team
- Plan for and develop programs of education for people of all ages in accordance with the requirements of the Book of Order.
- To provide for those supplies, equipment, space and materials necessary to provide an effective program of education in the church.
- To recruit and provide for the training of teachers, assistants, helpers and whomever else is required for such programs.
- To plan learning and action opportunities in areas of current concern in the local and world communities.
Sunday School 9:45 a.m. – 10:45 a.m. each Sunday
Sunday School Classes are:
- Cradle Roll – Birth – 2 years (available as needed)
- Kids With a Mission (Kindergarten)
- Twinkle Stars – 1st – 3rd grade
- Young Crusaders – 4th – 6th grade
- Kids of the Kingdom – 7th – 8th grade
- Truth Seekers – 9th – 12th grade
- Fellowship Class - Middle-Age Group
- Our Heritage class
GOD’S LITTLE SHEEP
Children’s Church - For children ages 3 through 6 (1st grade) - The children who fall in this category are in Worship service in the sanctuary until after the Time for Children, and then they are escorted by the Children’s Church teaching team to the Sunday School room where they have Children’s Church. The lesson is lectionary based to coincide what is being preached by the pastor in the sanctuary.
CHILDREN’S CHURCH SCHEDULE
AGES: 3 – 6 (1ST GRADE)
No Children's Church at this time. Will announce here when it's been restarted.
|June 3||Faith & Anna Webb|
|June 10||Karen Helms & Renee Matthews|
|June 17||(FATHER’S DAY)
Kim Brantley & Kimberly Beaver
|June 24||Lucas & Renee Hall|
Mid-Week Ministries – Wednesday nights
|6:00 PM||Dinner||$7/person or $20/family of 3 or more
Children 4 & under free
~* Reservations Required *~
|6:45 PM||Bible Study
|Dinner & Bible Study||No gatherings for the Summer||Please Check back in Fall for schedule.|
|6:00 PM||Choir Practice|
Youth Group – 4th – 12th grades Not meeting this summer. Will resume in the Fall. TBA.
Thanks for visiting this page on the new website of First Presbyterian Church in Bay Minette! This page will focus on activities and issues that are of interest to the youth of ourcongregation. If you are a member of that group, we hope that you will bookmark this page and return to it often to check this blog, the photo galleries below,and the calendar of events at right.
Our youth group is dedicated to reaching out with Christ’s love and compassion to a hurting and broken world. In the past we have ………………….. We also serve alongside the adults in the congregation during …………
This past year we: …………
We have terrific youth leaders that strive to model the love of Christ for the youth! All of our youth leaders have made a commitment to walk alongside the youth on their journey of faith. Christ may be the foundation of our youth ministry.
Christian Education and Fellowship Committees meet together on the 3rd Tuesday of each month at 6:30 p.m. unless otherwise stated.
- Helps with Wednesday night dinners
- Easter Egg Hunt
- Church Picnic.
- Receptions and farewells.
- Help with special events
- Annual Meeting Luncheon
- Graduation Luncheon
- Stewardship Luncheon
- Christmas Party Dinner
GOD NEVER ASKS ABOUT
OR OUR INABILITY
JUST OUR AVAILABILITY
I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, "Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?" Then I said, "Here am I; send me."
Presbyterian Women's Purpose
Forgiven and freed by God in Jesus Christ, and empowered by the Holy Spirit, we commit ourselves:
- To nurture our faith through prayer and Bible study,
- To support the mission of the church worldwide,
- To work for justice and peace, and
- To build an inclusive, caring community of women that strengthens the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) and witnesses to the promise of God's kingdom.
Coordinating Team meets 1st Tuesday of each month at 3:30 p.m.
Circle 1 meets the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 9:30 a.m.
Circle 3 meets the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 6:30 p.m.
Building & Grounds Team
- Management and maintenance of the church's property and equipment.
- Communicate to the Session its recommendations regarding requests for the use of the church building and/or equipment by members and outside groups.
Building and Grounds team meets on an as needed basis.
"At times it is important for organizations, including churches, to engage in a process of visioning and strategy building."
The Visioning Team addressed those values and commitments which our church holds dear and from which the identity of our church is determined. The goal of this team to determine mission strategies that will guide our church into the future that God has planned for us.
- In cooperation with the Church Treasurer and Financial Secretary, to assure the keeping and approval of accurate records of memorial gifts, tithes, offerings, and gifts received by the church.
- To oversee the annual budget for the support of the local and general mission of the church.
- Annually establish budgetary needs of carrying out the assigned duties of the committees.
- To monitor committee expenditures so that they normally remain within approved budgetary guidelines and to advise Session of any extraordinary expenses.
- To prepare and present recommendations concerning the management, use, and dispersal of the capital and/or invested funds of the congregation.
- Care and concern of all personnel of the church.
- Hold annual evaluations and review compensation.
- Recommend appropriate policies and action including but not limited to employment and termination, to the Session.
- Develop job descriptions for paid staff.
- Take care of all misunderstandings between church members and any of the employees before they become grievances.
Budget/Stewardship/Personnel Team meets on an as needed basis.